Saturday, February 8, 2014

FMF

FMF (Five Minute Friday) is part of our weekly writing routine. It is a quick writing exercise, a focused writing in response to one word. It can be viewed as an experiment to see what happens when you just write. Since there is no expectation for a perfect outcome, it lowers the fear of writing and allows just write. "Just write" is what writers sometimes have to do. 

This week's word was "WIN"

Here are some ideas that surfaced within the five minute writing period. Each idea has potential to grow into a bigger writing.

Example 1
I am a winner because I like to win.
Things that I have won
  • partner dancing 3rd place in reception
  • egg catching 1st place at a birthday
  • egg spoon race
  • first one on a computer ME vs Sister at home
  • slowest against my grandpa
  • scream the loudest against my best friend
Example 2
In PE my team won "Not in My Back Yard" two times in a row and the other team won it once. My team won dodge ball twice.

I like to win but I am not always happy about it because it will make the looser team sad.

Example 3
I wonder what would happen if you were best in everything.
Well, this is what I think:
You will have many shelves of troffees and when you are moving, you will need many boxes and even have to carry some in your bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment